Friday, August 5, 2011

Picture Perfect Friday

Hello all! Happy Friday! I don't know if you guys feel the same, but my week flew by! It was a productive week for me though. I am in the process of revamping Joy Dement Photography. New things will be offered and I am changing around some things as well, so stay tuned for more details on that. As for Picture Perfect Friday, I have already benefited from starting this little project. Wednesday evening my husband and I had to go grocery shopping. We started at The Boulevard for a quick dinner before we headed to the store. It was our first time going there and I must say the food was pretty good and the service even better. While we were enjoying dinner a massive electrical storm started brewing. We arrived at the grocery store just in time for the rain to begin. We did our shopping, loaded up the car, and headed home. HOLY COW! We couldn't get over the amount of lightning that filled the sky. We both said to one another that we had never witnessed anything quite like it before. It was truly amazing and I kept saying, " Aw, I wish I had my camera". Jeremy asked me if I had ever photographed lightning and when I answered no I immediately knew who was going to be unloading the groceries by themselves. :) I love you for doing that hun! :) I got out a tad too late. The sky was still very active, but I only witnessed two strikes upon arriving at the square. I caught one of them!



As I stood on the street waiting for another strike I thought of how much I enjoyed living in Murfressboro. We have really had a good summer and enjoyed more of the city than we typically do.  With great things like Saturday Market, Friday Night Live, and The Greenery on the Square (whose grand opening I am getting ready to attend) I can't help but feel that The 'Boro is headed in a great direction. It was around that realization that I saw a car coming around the square and noticed I had my 'Love Your City' shirt on. How fitting, right? Pure coincidence..I promise. I quickly shot a self portrait using the lights on the car to add affect and headed home to a stocked fridge and a loving husband. What a great Wednesday! Enjoy the weekend and be sure to take advantage of all the great things our city has to offer! Until next week. - J

1 comment:

  1. It makes me happy to see you posting pics just for fun. I want Picture Perfect Friday to start taking over the site!

    ReplyDelete